Sunday, February 21, 2010

Gloryland Chorus


I belong to a 40 member community choir in the Kitchener, Waterloo area, and this afternoon we held a "singin" at my home church. We sing Bill and Gloria Gaither style Gospel Music. I had tried for two years to bring the choir to my church to spread the Word through music. They finally where able to fit us into the church calendar of activities and today was the day.

I have to admit I was a bit nervous to say the least. I took it upon myself to be in charge of advertising. I advertised in everything I could think of that was free, to save money as all the proceeds where going to the Haiti Relief fund. My biggest fear was, what if only a few people showed up. To my surprise close to 300 showed up and supported us in this fund raiser. The fund raiser was a huge success and by the comments we got everyone enjoyed the music.

To each and everyone who attended, Thank-You

2 comments:

  1. Hey mom, it was a great concert. I know that you know it is not my style of music, but I was happy to spend a few hours supporting what you love, as you spend lots of hours supporting what I love.

    Congratulations on the success of the fundraiser. Your hard work paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your choir was amazing Audrey! I could not believe how full the church was and I am so happy that it was such a big success. I am really glad that I was able to come out and hear you sing. It was a wonderful afternoon.

    ReplyDelete